Tuesday 11 September 2012

I have an Organization Fetish

A bit creepy, right? My husband is absolutely boggled by my fascination of lists, calendars and clear storage bins.

Well, since my husband never seems to know what's going on and when, I decided to make a dry erase calendar for our kitchen. I saw something on Pinterest using paint chips, but I used scrapbook paper because I just have WAY too much of it.

Supplies
  • Cheap frame with glass (or plastic) front around 19x16 in size.
  • Poster board cut to fit inside the frame
  • Dry erase markers
  • Scrapbook Paper (or paint chips!)
  • Glue

Steps
  1. The optimal size of squares for my 19x16 frame measured out to be 2x3 inches big (I considered that my squares will be 5 down and 7 across, and that the very edges of the poster board will be hidden behind the frame).
  2. I cut out 35 2x3 inch squares and 7 2x1 smaller squares (to label the days of the week).
  3. I placed all squares on my poster board to make sure the calendar was centered and fit nicely.
  4. I glued everything down!
  5. I also added stickers to label the days of the week, but you don't have to do this (you can just use the dry erase marker).
  6. Put your poster board into your frame.
  7. Your done!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment